Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My New kitchen Toys!


Ouch! That is sharp.


Put it on your pan, add cookies, barely any cleanup! No spraying greasy sprays.
Costs the same amount as 4 boxes of parchment paper, so if you bake as much as I do, it will really save money!



Please don't notice the store bought cookie dough.
Hey I got it very cheap! I can't bake cookies from scratch all the time!


Notice the difference? These two cookies were in the oven for the same exact amount of time. The browned one on the left was in a pan without Silpat, the scrumptious looking one on the right was baked on the Silpat. Which one would you rather have? Same here, the kids can have the other ones. :) They won't notice. Hey, I hear you judging me, don't tell me you haven't done the same.


I just LOVE getting new gadgets for my kitchen! And Jason knows that if I get something new, I want to use it. A lot. And that usually means lots of new yummy things. So he is always very obliging when I ask him if I can get something new. ( I try not to go overboard though :) )
The other day I was up in Traverse City and "just happen" to have a coupon for Bed Bath & Beyond, so I thought I would go in and "just see" if they had a micro plane zester, so I could throw my 8 year old, dull, dollar store mini shredder away. ( I have been struggling with that thing way too long!) They did have a very nice one, AND they had Silpat pads! I have been wanting one ever since Jason bought me the Martha Stewart Cookies book. There are a few recipes that I need one for and, they are just awesome all around, so I walked out (clutching them close) with one of those too.

1 comment:

  1. I love it Em :) I need a lemon zester badly! I am also jealous of your new Kitchen Aid....wanted one a long time but I am not so much a baker--mostly a cook :) I do have oriental smelling hands at the moment--prepped and ready to go so I can make Chicken Lo Mein when I get home from work tomorrow! Happy Cooking! TB

    ReplyDelete