Monday, October 5, 2009

My All Time Favorite Food


Rice

Pure. Simple. Humble. Dirt cheap. Rice.
You can do anything with rice. You can fix it savory or sweet.
I seriously could eat rice 3 times a week or more. Maybe I live in the wrong country?
Here is a list of my favorite ways to eat rice.
I will eventually post recipes, as I get some good, drool worthy pictures.
But for now, I just had to get it off my chest. I love rice!

Spanish rice
lemon-herb rice
rice with stir fry
fried rice
brown rice
wild rice
white and wild rice soup
rice pudding
pumpkin rice pudding
baked rice (sweet or savory)
rice n' beans
Rice a Roni
confetti rice
rice crispy treats
milk and sugar over rice
rice w/ chicken and broccoli
rice cakes


Well, you get the idea. My absolute favorite way to eat rice is staeming hot, with butter and soy sauce.
I could eat bowls and bowls of it. I dream about rice at night.
Ok Emily, snap out of it! Sorry. Sometimes I just get carried away. Remember how Pee Wee Herman used to marry his fruit salad? Well It's kind of like that.
Did I mention I love rice?
What is your favorite way to eat rice?

2 comments: