Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My First "Official" Taste of Fall

In my opinion, Fall cannot officially kick off until I have my first pumpkin pie. So today was the day! I made my first pumpkin pie (recipe below) of the season.
One regular pie, one small pie, and 24 mini pumpkin tarts.
The first taste was pure and utter bliss. Blueberry and pumpkin pies are my absolute favorites.
But this time of year, it has to be pumpkin!
This year I tried adding mace along with the usual cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. It really added a wonderful, extra dimension to the flavor.


Maybe now I can start decorating for Fall.

Pumpkin Pie:
1- 29oz can of pumpkin
2- 12 oz cans of evaporated milk
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 Tbs flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp mace
2 unbaked pie crusts

Whisk all ingredients (except pie crusts) together and pour into unbaked pie crusts.
Bake at 450 for 45-60 minutes, or until no longer jiggly in center.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment