Friday, October 9, 2009

It's The Little Things


Last year my friend Stephanie told me about a wonderful, little Amish store in Mc Bain. It is a grocery salvage store, and every few months I make the trip (such a long 15 minute drive) to see what goodies I can find.
Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, sometimes a little let down, it depends on the month.
My last trip was a good one. I love when I can get a $6. bottle of vinegar for .80!! Or the Better than Bullion jars for .60-.80!! Are you kidding me? Those things are normally, almost $4! The name truly says it all. Way better than the wrapped cubes of fat and salt ( that my kids always think must be candy since it's wrapped in such a pretty wrapper). They give such rich, meaty ( or veggie ) flavor to soups, stews, chilies, or gravies. If you don't have time to make your own stock, this stuff is wonderful! So you can imagine how I felt when I saw the prices on them. I bought them all and put them in my stock pile! Granted you have to check the expiration date on everything they sell, but usually the items are ok.
It's the little things that make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment