Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts ( out loud )



Thanksgiving is almost here! What to cook...what to cook? I think we may have 2 different family Thanksgiving feasts, this year. The first one (on Thanksgiving day) will be at my sister's clubhouse, and is for our family and any friends who want to come. Anybody else want to come? The second, (the one that may or may not be happening) will be with my husband's family.
I am going to make my Nonna's (Italian for Grandma) traditional beef roast with potatoes. 2 whole garlic bulbs ( okay, maybe not 2 whole. Maybe 1 1/2) and like 2 whole sticks of butter. I wish you could taste it! The meat is soft and tender, has the most delicious flavor, and the potatoes melt in your mouth. ( probably from all the butter) The potatoes are so soft that you can mash them down with the greatest of ease, and pour gravy all over them. For our Thanksgiving feast, my Nonna would make a beef roast and a huge bowl of ziti and sauce. I'm drooling just thinking of the the flavors and textures combining in my mouth.
I'm also going to make a from scratch, pumpkin/spice torte with cream cheese frosting and an apple walnut filling. I can't wait! I'm so excited about it. I'll post pics and recipes if it turns out well.

What special traditions or dishes do you have every year?

No comments:

Post a Comment