Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Chicken Florentine


Me and my family love spinach. Raw, cooked, in anything. Well, ok not anything.
We just love spinach, and I use it at least twice a week, in different ways. Salads, omelets, in soups, casseroles. Last night I made my own version of chicken Florentine. Here is the recipe:





Chicken Florentine

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 TBS. butter
salt and pepper
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1 1/2 cup cheese ( you can use whatever you want, I used a blend that I had on hand)
1 tomato diced

Melt butter in non stick pan over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, or your favorite chicken seasoning.
Saute chicken with lid on, flipping occasionally, until juices run clear. (about 10-15 minutes)
Turn heat to low, put spinach over cooked chicken, top with cheese. Put lid on and let spinach wilt and cheese melt. Put on plates and top with freshly diced tomatoes.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment