Wednesday, November 4, 2009

First Snow






Today it came. The first snow. Swiftly and silently. Cold and beautiful.
I hated it and loved all at the same time. Of course it didn't stay long, the first fall never does. It left as quickly as it came.
The few snowflakes clung desperately on, until they finally melted into tiny pools, their unique shape and structure all but forgotten.
And so begins our winter, ( in Fall ) the long 6 or so months that seems will never end.
This year will be different. Every bitter cold, day will be lived out to the fullest. Every week there will be adventures in the snow, hot cocoa in my favorite Christmas mug, new recipes for baked goods that will keep my kitchen warm and cozy.
I am determined to enjoy winter this year. With my children, and my new snow pants & boots, and snow tires on my van.
So, to winter, I raise my (cocoa/tea) mug high. Come with your diamond like flakes, and your cold, biting wind. I will be ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment