Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sunshine Muffins


I made these delicious and healthy muffins this morning and thought I'd pass along the recipe. (if I can remember what I put in them) ARG! One of these days I'll remember to write down the ingredients as I'm adding them!


These muffins have at least one serving of fruits/vegetables, with very low fat (so you can put a full pat of butter on each side, as shown above. No I really didn't eat that, I just did it for the photo, and then I let my scrawniest kid eat it). Your kids (or spouse) will never even know they're good for them.


As you can see, they were kid tested and approved.

Recipe:

1 1/2 cup flour (or you can use half AP and half whole wheat)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 eggs
2 Tbs. honey
zest from 1/2 an orange
1 large banana, mashed
1 large carrot, shredded
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350. Grease muffin tin or prepare with liners.
Stir together first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl, add dry ingredients and stir. (not too much)
Divide batter evenly, into prepared muffin tin.
Bake 15 minutes or until centers are done.
Makes 12 regular muffins.

Enjoy!


1 comment: