Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Lunch



Healthy meal alert! For those of you who are allergic, I suggest you don't read this post.

I've been eating salad for my lunches lately, as well as trying to incorporate more whole grain and fiber into my diet. Fiber is great, it makes you feel full faster, and helps you lose weight. Not that I'm trying anyway.
Yesterday's salad was awesomely healthy and delicious. It was the perfect blend of fruit, ( tomatoes. :) ) vegetables, meat, (protein) grains and legumes (proteins and carbs). I'm not going to write down the recipe for it, because it's kind of self explanatory, but I will write down the ingredients:

baby spinach blend
baby romaine blend
sliced grape tomatoes
slivered deli ham
leftover, homemade rice and lentil pilaf (lentils have so much fiber and iron!)
balsamic vinaigrette
a few"everything" breadsticks To help fill in the cracks. I don't know about you, but I can't eat just a salad and be completely full and satisfied for too long.

Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. hey can i get your recipe or brand of the rice and lentil pilaf.... never have had lentils and think i should try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good. Ebiri and I love eating salads. But you are right, you do need something to fill in the cracks.
    I have never been a big fan of lentils. I don't think they were cooked well when I tried them YEARS ago. Do you have a good recipe for me to try?

    ReplyDelete