Monday, January 18, 2010

Spaghetti Squash with Sausage Sauce (hey that kinda rhymes)


Mmmm fresh hot spaghetti! Or is this spaghetti?
I guess I can't trick you if read the title.
One of my favorite foods to experiment with is spaghetti squash.
It's also great in place of regular spaghetti if you want to cut out carbs, or if you just want to add more veggies into your diet.
I'm not into cutting carbs, so I usually make rolls to go with.

Sorry I didn't take a picture of the outside of it. They are usually yellowish, large oval shaped squashes.


For those of you who have never cooked it, I took a picture to show you how to scrape it out once it is cooked. Scrape it out with a fork, so that the strands stay long.
For a large squash cut it lengthwise, and scrape out the seeds. Oil the outside of the squash, and a cookie sheet, place the squash scoop side down on the sheet and roast in the oven for an hour, or until the inside is tender. Then use your imagination to prepare a sauce or topping.



Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment