Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ok so not much is really changed, but the 2 things that are changed, make this cookie delicious and totally addicting!
I only make them around the Christmas season, I don't know why. I should make them year round. They are so good!
These are basically standard, chocolate chip cookies but with rum extract instead of vanilla, and maraschino cherry bits added. Yes it makes that much of a difference.
And then as if they weren't sweet enough, I drizzle white chocolate over them.
I believe that presentation is everything, so it is very hard for me to just make a boring looking cookie.




Recipe


2 sticks salted butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. rum extract
1 lg. egg
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups chocolate chips
10 oz (? I don't remember what size! Duh! Sorry.)
jar of stemless maraschino cherries, diced and patted dry


Method
Preheat oven to 375.
Beat butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in extract, egg and baking soda. Stir in floour until blended. Stir in chips and cherries.
Drop mixture by rounded tablespoons, 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
Remove to wire racks and cool completely.

Enjoy!



1 comment: