Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sticky Lemon Chicken

Only the best chicken you will ever eat!


Don't believe me? Just try it. I dare you.

I got this recipe out of our local newspaper a few years ago, and it is amazing! It is SO flavorful and juicy. I must admit, I'm guilty of gluttony every time I make it.
It takes a little bit of prep time but is very, very worth it.


8-10 dark pieces of chicken meat (please don't use the neck or any other part of the chicken that isn't normally consumed in the US.)
1/2 tsp sea salt
freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 head of garlic, halved horizontally
2-3 sprigs thyme (or 1 TBS. dried thyme, if you don't buy fresh herbs)
1/4 cup sherry vinegar (I could not find this at the store so I bought cooking sherry)
1/4 cup plus 2 TBS. honey
1/4 cup dark soy sauce
1 lemon finely sliced
3/4 cup hot water
1/2 bunch flat Italian parsley chopped

1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over high heat. Cook chicken, garlic and thyme in batches if necessary, turning as needed until golden brown, 4-5 minutes per side.
2.Return all chicken to the pan; add sherry. Cook over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add honey and soy sauce, shake pan to mix.
Add lemon slices and hot water; raise heat to medium high. Cook until liquid has reduced to a syrup, 10-15 minutes. If chicken has not cooked through, add more hot water if necessary; continue cooking till done.
Remove to platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with hot cooked rice.

Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. These pictures are gorgeous!! Looks so yummy! I just might have to try this recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stephanie! I will tell Jason, he took them this time.

    ReplyDelete